An Introduction

Hi!

I had this idea about a month ago. It's been hard to kick into gear since it requires a lot of planning and actual execution. But I intend to make it happen - for once, I would like to not fall through on a project. 

I'll go back a little further in time. I've been personally struggling for a while, which has understandably sucked, but I finally think the past few weeks have been a sort of paradigm shift for me. Some of it is depression; some of it is stuff I've just had to learn. Nonetheless, I've felt lighter and more optimistic for the first time in ... wow, I can't even remember. It's been at least a year, if not a little over that. But I'm really not 100 percent through feeling somewhat down on myself and have bouts of self-loathing, weird rage at random things and situations, and general periods of discouragement. 

What I've learned though is this has directly led to a tremendous amount of growth. Healing isn't a linear process, and my own healing probably resembles something of a roller-coaster. I'm human and OK with that.


Now, enough of the self-indulgent rambling. Here's the impetus for this project!

As I get through shit and develop more resilience to situations I previously saw as possibly catastrophic, I become curious about how other people get through shit. What are their coping mechanisms? What strategies have they had to adopt in order to keep going? How has their perspective shifted?

The purpose of this blog (and eventual podcast) is to explore precisely that. I will be interviewing various people I know as they describe challenges they've encountered and how they've come through on the other side. I am hoping others find some inspiration and sense of unity in each. I'm starting with one of my closest friends, someone who has proven again and again that she is a powerful person. 


I hope you will join me for this journey. It's only beginning, but I feel good about it. And maybe we will parallel our own healing journeys along the way, too. 

<If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to email me.>

Comments

Post a Comment